söndag 15 maj 2011

Mike Rowe's Testimony Before the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation



Mike Rowe, känd från "Dirty Jobs", talade häromdagen i den amerikanska senaten angående det viktiga med att inte glömma bort allt det slit som vanliga arbetare gör dagligen runt om i USA:

I'm here today because of my grandfather.

His name was Carl Knobel, and he made his living in Baltimore as a master electrician. He was also a plumber, a mechanic, a mason, and a carpenter. Everyone knew him as a jack-of-all-trades. I knew him as a magician.


For most of his life, my grandfather woke up clean and came home dirty. In between, he accomplished things that were nothing short of miraculous. Some days he might re-shingle a roof. Or rebuild a motor. Or maybe run electricity out to our barn. He helped build the church I went to as a kid, and the farmhouse my brothers and I grew up in. He could fix or build anything, but to my knowledge he never once read the directions. He just knew how stuff worked.


Läs allt om Mike Rowes tal här!

Inga kommentarer: